Sherman Construction is looking for a Mid – Senior Level Estimator to support its Preconstruction needs. Sherman Construction has been serving the construction industry for more than 70 years and predominately works on negotiated projects. Our markets are diverse and include Higher Ed, Athletic, Healthcare, Religious, Industrial, Multi-Family and Municipal projects throughout the southeast. The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent listening and communication skills.
- Be able to take the estimating leadership role of a project from initial concept, through design and eventually assist with buy-out.
- Demonstrate experience in conceptual (order-of-magnitude) and detailed take-off estimating.
- Be able to visualize all aspects of a project without the aid of completed documents and perform the necessary due-diligence required, in order to assemble a thorough budget that allows owners/developers to make ‘go’ or ‘no-go’ decisions.
- Be capable of taking the lead role of a hard-bid opportunity.
- Be able to provide job and trade specific bid instructions.
- Be a self-motivated, hard-working team player who does not require daily supervision.
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, estimating software and take—off programs (SAGE / Timberline, ICE, On-Screen Take-Off, PlanSwift or similar)
- Have 5 – 10 years of commercial construction estimating experience.
Please send resume to [email protected].